The Future Of Education
- Posted by: NextLevel Education
- Category: Blog
The Future Of Education
1) Our current education system was formed during the industrial revolution
2) This demanded standardization as industrialization was all about mass scale standardization
3) Hence fixed curriculum and rote learning (memorizing) became the order of the day
4) Memory and Remembering became the key differentiator that separated the men from the boys
5) Hence Science as a stream took the lead. It was predefined, rigid unlike creative arts and cramming stuff and reproducing them became the Gold Standard of Education
6) This made Doctors and Engineers lead the pack for several decades
7) But this system has completely collapsed after Information Technology transformed our world
8) Artificial Memory and Big Data analysing capacities make human power of memorizing primitive to say the least
9) Unfortunately education has not kept pace with these changes.
10) When we consider these problems, it seems education is in need of a serious re-think and the rapid progress of Information Communication Technology has proven to be the saviour over the past 15 months of the Pandemic.
11) Zoom and related technologies ensures the backbone of many an industries which were on the verge of collapse actually for stronger and delivered compounded growth
12) The best knowledge and wisdom is now just a click away at unbelievable deals (free courses offered by Yale University; what more you want)
13) Educational platforms like Khan Academy started the trend and with increasing progress in Information Technology and Animation dispensing Education has become easier ans effective
14) Baijus, Udemy, Coursera etc have hence emerged as the way forward
15) Platforms like Teachables allow you to set up a college / an academy in just a few days
16) Rote learnig must end and Open Book learning should be encouraged because memory isn’t the Currency of Intelligence any longer
17) Creativity, Logical Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Communication Skills, Design Thinking, Manufacturing Time etc where Rote Learning has no role whatsoever is the need of the hour.
18) Hence the case for open book learning and original creative thinking has relegated Science as a Stream to the 3rd Position after Commerce and Arts
19) The top notch Arts Colleges are witnessing maximum demand and hence having the Highest cut off marks
20) Further development in such technologies, combined with a widespread push to increase access to the internet and online technologies is all set to offer a cost-effective solution and provide individuals with a first-class, personalized education that delivers the skills today’s society needs