Money Saved Is Money Earned – A Formula that takes you on the Road to Disaster
1) These are some of the myths that limit human potential
2) This may be a good message for those in their early stages of wealth creation
3) But like one unlocks the seat belts in an aircraft once the plane takes reaches its desired altitude, in the same way this statement too has a “best use before date”
4) Using “Money Saved is Money Earned” is a very dangerous formula subsequently in life once you cross a threshold level in personal wealth
5) It shifts the focus on Saving Money instead of Producing Wealth and increasing Core Productive Competencies (CPC)
6) It in fact works as a brake that retards growth and wealth creation
7) Money Spent is the fuel to Produce Wealth
8) Money Spent is the only method to increase CPC (Core Productive Competencies)
9) Money has to be spent in creating awareness, getting people to try, in learning and education, in creating and maintaining relationships, in partaking the Givers Gain Philosophy
10) Money has to be Spent to build Productivity, to Manufacture Time
11) Money Spent can be in the form of Money, Energy or Time (MET)
12) For the most part, price has become our most important consideration when it comes to making financial decisions.
13) Most of us sacrifice what we really want because of our view of and relationship with money.
14) What determines how we make purchasing decisions is if we can “afford” something or not
15) We often don’t consider any factors other than price, at least initially.
16) We’re so focused on price that it controls our life and our choices
17) It prevents us from focusing on what is important for us
18) Some people buy things they don’t want because they “got a deal,”.
19) Others don’t buy what they need and can afford because it’s “too expensive.”
20) Buying what you do not need is nothing but a massive opportunity cost
21) By regulating your spending patterns, you can avoid meaningless purchases, and focus on purchases that enhance your Core Productive Competencies
22) This can help in Avoiding Massive Opportunity Cost that can have life time impact
23) Beware of such slogans because many such sacred cows / slogans / wisdom lessons have a Best Before Date and are not relevant for one’s entire lifespan