Timeless Story Wealth Management the Butterfly Way
1) What is it?” asked the child.
2) “It’s a cocoon,” the teacher said. “Inside is a butterfly. Soon the cocoon will split and the butterfly will come out.”
3) “May I have it?” the child asked.
4) “Yes, but you must promise that when the cocoon splits and the butterfly starts to come out and is beating its’ wings to get out of the cocoon, you won’t help it.
5) Don’t help the butterfly by breaking the cocoon apart. Let him do it by himself.”
6) The child promised and took the cocoon home to watch it.
7) Finally it began to vibrate, move and quiver.
8) At last it split
9) Inside was a beautiful, damp butterfly frantically beating its wings against the cocoon, trying to get out.
10) The butterfly didn’t seem to be able to get free.
11) The child desperately wanted to help. After watching a while, the child gave in to impulse and helped pushed the cocoon apart
12) The butterfly sprang out. As soon as it got up into the air, it fell to the ground and died.
13) The child picked up the dead butterfly, in tears went back and showed the teacher.
14) “You helped open the cocoon, didn’t you?” Through tears, the child said, “Yes, I did.”
15) “ When the butterfly comes out of the cocoon, the only way it can strengthen his wings is by beating them against the cocoon so its’ muscles will grow
16) When you helped it, you prevented it from getting strong enough to fly
17)That’s why the butterfly fell and died
18) This a very important story of wealth creation
19) Money invested in Mutual Funds is like the young butterfly
20) The Market is like the cocoon
21) The Volatility in the Market is the challenge for the money to make it transform into Wealth
22) Like the Caterpillar transforms into a Beautiful Butterfly after undertaking some amount of struggle
23) In the same way money transforms into wealth after struggling through periods of Market Volatility
24) By pre-mature redemption, what you are behaving like the small boy who although innocent became the cause of the Butterfly’s premature death
25) As an investor any pre-mature redemption is exactly like the child’s behaviour and action
26) It cause premature death of the money preventing it from transforming into Wealth
27) This beautiful story explains the strategy of both growing into a beautiful butterfly as well as growing money into beautiful wealth
28) The need to be patient, the virtues of struggle, the need to have resolute determination, the rewards of persistence
I rest my case