Think and Act like a Manufacturer
The middleman has vanished
1) A technology and online world is a disintermediate world
2) There is no place for an intermediary to act like a traffic police regulating the workflow or providing information
3) Because if there are flyovers built in the city the Traffic Police is can sleep underneath the flyover unless he evolves
4) So what should intermediaries do?
5) Do they pack up and move on?
6) No. Certainly not
7) They need to think like a Manufacturer
8) Manufacturing is a series of value additions
9) Raw material is sourced and several different manufacturers separately make different parts
10) Designers manufacture design
11) Technology people manufacture the system design to integrate technology
12) Assemblers bring the parts together
13) Marketers manufacture messages and so on
14) When an intermediary adds value to the ultimate product he no more is an intermediary but a manufacturer
15) So the way to go is to think, imagine and develop Value to the input and create a better output
16) For an MFD, one can create Customized Portfolio structures for different target audience based on their needs
17) One can Construct Portfolio Models to generate different levels of Risk Adjusted Returns by using tools created by Asset Management Companies and imagining your own portfolio structures. Portfolio manufacturing is how an MFD should view his work
18) One can create Cash Flow Solutions based on different requirements of different segments
19) One can provide value added services like Estate Planning, Business Continuity Consulting, Family Guidance, Technology Education and Support beyond the realm of investing
20) From helping in investing, the intermediary can manufacture time and happiness for his clients
21) This is how the 21st Century will pan out. Take it or leave it.
I rest my case