What to do or what NOT to do???
- Posted by: BlogAdmin
- Category: Education Insights
What to do or what NOT to do???
Why STOPPING to do what we do is the biggest secret for our future Prosperity?
Why we KEEP doing what we DO at the cost of harming ourselves?
The POWER OF STOP
To find out read more …..
1) The recognition & reward systems in most organizations are totally geared to acknowledge the “doing of something”
2) We get credit for “doing” something good
3) We rarely get credit for “NOT DOING” something bad
4) Think of the times you’ve seen colleagues go on a sales call and return with a huge order
5) They are likely to come back to the office displaying the lucrative Sales Order and give a blow-by-blow account of how they turned the prospect around
6) They will recount their triumph for months
7)But turn it around
8) What if during the sales call these salespeople had realized that they were about to close a deal that would hurt the organization
9) What if they decided on the spot to stop negotiating and say no to the sale
10) Do they rush back to the office and boast about the bad deal they’ve just avoided?
11) Not likely because avoiding mistakes is one of those unseen, unheralded achievements that usually does not get celebrated
12) And yet . . . many times avoiding a bad deal can affect the bottom line more significantly than scoring a big sale
13) There are a few examples is the Financial Services Business
14) Many MFDs don’t grow their business fast enough because they spend a lot of their time and energy many small ticket size SIPs
15) They too feel a sense of accomplishment each and every day
16) This makes them do the same thing again & again
17) Little do they realize that this is COSTLY SUCCESS for their BUSINESS. Even IAPs (Investor Awareness Programs) fall in this category. Some think that IAPs are a God sent Strategy which the Business owner himself must deliver. While this may be a good approach in the beginning and up to a point, this too needs to be STOPPED and the Business Owner needs to prepare a competent team to drive the IAP strategy
18) Therefore while some MFDs grow their business at a fast pace, many others languish at the bottom not knowing what really hit them
19) Likewise most believe that only they (the Business Owner) should meet clients & close every deal. This too needs to be STOPPED
20) Instead they need to focus more on hiring a competent team who should do the meetings while THEY ( the Business Owner) should focus his attention on building the business (working on the business) such as Business Structure, Brand Management, Business Valuation etc. etc.
21) Like this many things which we DID when we started doing business becomes harmful for future Business Sustenance
22) When you START your car, you shift to First Gear but can you continue to DRIVE in FIRST GEAR all the time?????
23) There are many things that one has to STOP in DOING IN BUSINESS for the sake of BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY and GROWTH.
24) Nobody may APPRECIATE things that you STOP DOING but STILL ONE HAS TO PRESS THE BRAKES WHETHER YOU ARE ADMIRED AND APPRECIATED OR NOT
25) STOPPING is as important as DOING
I rest my case