1) Yes you may save a little money here and there
2) But that is where it all ends
3) What you lose is a good night’s sleep because your decision will keep nudging you from time to time
4) What you lose is peace of mind – What I have done is right or wrong ??
5) What you lose is a sounding board ; someone to talk to and ask questions
6) What you lose is one single window to the entire industry and sometimes to the entire economy
7) What you lose is an Alarm clock that rings twice – When there is an Opportunity or when there’s a Threat
8) What you lose is invaluable time when you try doing someone else’s work
9) What you lose is success in your core work because you are less focused on your work
10) What you miss is the patience that is most needed to experience the power of compounded rewards because it is the mutual fund distributor / advisor who always prevents pain causing mindless redemption.
I rest my case