Beware of Mindless Investing
Understanding Flow based Investing
Life is about Soaking the little joys that life serves us with
Read on_ _ _
1) Imagine you’re in the back seat of a parked car.
2) You’re looking out the window.
3) What do you see? Maybe you’re moving at a comfortable pace
4) So you can see every detail of the buildings, trees, and flowers on the side of the road.
5) You are enjoying this beautiful scenario as you drive on from one place to another
6) Traffic begins to let up a little. Now that the car is moving, you can still enjoy the view outside – though in less detail.
7) Then the driver accelerates to 180 mph. Suddenly, everything outside becomes a blur; the car’s moving so fast that you can’t make out a thing.
8) When you travel along life’s journey at a moderate speed, you get the similar enjoyable experience that you had got in the back seat of the car when it moved at a moderate speed
9) Happiness is to soak in life and it’s experiences rather than hurry through life
10) This gives you happiness which is the very essence of life
11) Mindless Single Minded Focus on “Investment Returns” is very similar to the car moving at a very high speed and blurring the beautiful scenery outside
12) You browse through life without pausing and searching for all those things that are meaningful and make you happy
13) While Goal Based Investing is good but we must be mindful to avoid mindlessness in out pursuit towards the goals
14) The more appropriate way of money management is to gain the ability to spend the right amount of money at the right point in time
15) To slow down when needed; and enjoy the little things that life serves us with
16) Spending the right amount of money at the right point in time
17) The right point is the right age
18) Right age to buy the right car is 30 and not 50
19) The right age to start investing in your Financial Freedom Fund is 25 and not 40
20) The right age to go on exciting adventurous holidays is 30 and not 50
21) The right age to buy an expensive car is 50 and not 30
22) The right age to buy a huge home is perhaps 40 and is neither 25 nor 60
23) Life is meaningful only when we get to do the right things at the right time
24) Life is not about Living Poor & Dying Rich
25) EXCESSIVE Goal Orientation & Obsession with Investment Returns can cause a very debilitating disease called Mindless Greed
26) You live through life compromising all the time, singing paens about delayed gratification,
27) Delaying cash flow joys further and further till life no longer is in proper shape to appreciate the gifts of life
28) Cash Flow based Investing is actually Life Investing
29) It is philosophical investing
30) Most people are hesitant to spend the right amount of money at the right point in time because they have never measured the power of their money
31) Most upper middle class people have immense power in their money but are not even aware of the same
32) Flow based Investing is a combination of Goal + Spend based investing
33) It takes care of long term, middle term and short term and moreover allows you to enjoy the little joys of life
I rest my case
What is a better investment strategy according to you?
1. *Returns based investing*
2. *Flow based investing*